Monday, January 26, 2009

Thurs 22/1 Easy 70min ride
Deck Squats 2 x 20
Pistols 3 x 5 with 12kg
2 x 12kg Step -ups 4 x 12es
Fast squats 150, 200, 200
Aqua Bag Hang Cleans & 20kg MB snatch 3 x 30/20
Had to take is easy with the jumping as I've a pinched nerve in my foot. Neil decided to try Box jumps with 2 x 16kg today & found out that it completely destroyed him for the session. I forgot to mention to him that a 8kg increase in weight converts to about 56kg in the jump up & about 72kg on the jump down. The faster the weight is moved the greater the load. It can be seen with the change to step-ups today for me. The same amount of work is performed with 1 box jump Vs 1 step-up, but the step-up is a lot slower going up & coming down. 20 box jumps give me a HR of around 170bpm, while 24 step-ups only gave me a HR of 130bpm. It may have destroyed Neil but it will make him faster, & now he's picked the extra up there's no going back. Ha Ha.

23-25/1 Well it was Flynn's big 6th birthday so there's been lots to do so I had a few days off to play with the kids.

26/1 Well it was a Dadies ride again with John & Myself heading out at 5am to hit the small hill ot the back of Eltham. It's an interesting ride with an altitude change of only 196m for the whole 3:15hr ride, but we made the most of this with 11 small climbs & 1800m of climbing. Was a great ride for me & not so great for John as he broke a rear spoke on the way back & had to ring Kate to come pick him up as the tyre was rubbing on the frame.

No comments: