Monday, April 13, 2009

School Holiday time

2/4 Easy ride today 70min

PM Training with Neil & Alex lots of fun
Deck Squats 2 x 20
Agility band sprints 3 x 30
Box jumps 2 x 50, 2 x 10kg
Step-up Lunge 2 x 20es, 2 x 10kg
GS Jump squats 2 x 300

5/4 Down at Apollo Bay for a few days, so it was time to do a couple of rides. Today was a nice 3hr ride that I had planned. As it turned out after the 15min climb up the hill out of Marengo, the Rd that was shown on the map could not be found. I found out later that the Rd is on private property & not open to the public. So it was try & find a way through. Went down one likely Rd only to find that it was a dead end, with a good granny gear climb out. So it was further up the main Rd for a track that I know will get me across to where I want to go. On the way there I find another trail off the side of the Rd & head down it. Well it was great going down until I reached the bottom & it just stopped, so another good climb back up to the Rd & further along to the trail I know exists. Great single track descent for 8min down to the start of the climb. My Detours took 1:05hr to get to this point, if I'd come straight here it would have been 15min or 20min if I could have taken that private Rd, so with limited time I decided to head up the climb & see how time was going at the top. The climb started out solid for 12min followed by a 1min descent 6min solid climb, 1min descent, 6min climb, 1min descent & then went into an easy big ring climb for 30min to the top. As the rain set in I decided to head back the way I came.

6/4 Just an easy ride around Marengo & some of the local single track 60min.

7/4 2hrs today up the 57min climb & looped back via the main rd. Was going to go for longer, but the trails I was planning on riding up top were a greasy mess with 5 days of rain.

9/4 Just weights today with Neil & Alex
Deck Squats 2 x 20
Agility Band sprints 3 x 10
Box Jumps 2 x 50 2 x 10kg
Step-up Lunge 2 x 20 2 x 10kg
GS Jump squats 53kg 3 x 150 superset with Aqua Bag Hang cleans 3 x 20

10/4 60min of intervals on the trainer

11/4 60min Rd ride with attach's on every hill

12/4 Circuit time. Get as much work done as possible in 45min. Fun & pain for all

13/4 Went for a 60min ride & it was meant to be hard hills, after yesterdays weights it ended up being soft up the hills & slowly building into it & being able to max out in the last couple. Great day at 26C.

No comments: