Saturday, July 3, 2010

30/6 Commute 68min
45min KB Class played with the 20kg today, felt good

1/7 Commute 66min

PM Started out as a power session with longer rest. Also was meant to be a little easier on the body today for a bit of a recovery week. Well that's what I was hoping to happen.
Deck Squats 2 x 20
Heel step-downs 2 x 20es
Box Jumps 2 x 20 @ 65cm, 2 x 10 @ 83cm & 7 @ 83cm & then disaster strikes. Rt Foot caught the front of the box, which caused the foot to slip back & the shin to come smashing down onto the edge of the box. Straight away I looked down to see a nice cut down to the bone. Grabbed it & applied pressure while Gav got a bandage to patch me up & Neil was trying to tell me to get my hands out of the way so he could get a good photo. Sorry Neil, but holding blood inside the body was more of a priority than your photo at the time. Surprisingly there wasn't that much pain. After the session I drove myself up to the hospital for some stitches. They kept wanting to give me pain killers & I kept telling them that it didn't hurt that much, which they didn't seem to want to believe. Thanks to all the staff at the Austin for patching me back up & I don't want to be back soon. In all I spent 1:45hr at the hospital & received 9 stitches. The bandage the first put on wasn't quite big enough as I started leaking again, but the second one was much better.
How do I feel now. Still no real pain, but a fair bit of swelling.
What wen wrong. My right knee doesn't bend as well as my left due to an old knee injury, but basically I didn't jump high enough. Next time jump higher!!!!!

1 comment:

neil said...

Bah, you can always make more blood, I can never re-create that moment in a photo. :D