Monday, May 28, 2012

25/5 Took the soft commute due to the weather, just 35min
KB Class 6:15am
Around body pass 2 x 20ew

OA Swings 50, 30, 10es
Cleans 50, 30, 10es
Squats & Reverse Lunge 20 & 10es
Snatch & Jerks 20es
One Arm/Leg Deadlift 20es

The circuit room was out of action, so I had to come up with another option & so it was a Wrestler Bag (Bulgarian bag) session instead. First time swing the bag for 45min, so I went easy after this morning with the 8kg. Ended up being harder than expected & managed to destroy my legs, which I'll pay for on Sunday.

27/5 Rock Hop 6hr.
I was asked to do this as a 3 man team & we ended up being a 2 man team with Alan who just lives around the corner in Belmont. After the rain we had on Friday & Saturday it was always going to be a hard day out.
I got the fun of going first & for a change had a great start putting myself in a good position into the single track. Haven't ridden here for 2yrs, but could still remember most of the course. The main difference being the amount of water on the trails. Only problem I had in the first lap was taking the second A line & having to stop twice because of riders walking it & ending up losing about 80m to the rider I had just passed.
   As the day went on it got muddier & hard, but it was fun being a big kid playing in the mud. Alan started cramping on his 4 & 5th laps so I got to have more fun & ride the last 2. Average speed was way down, at about 12.6kph, but still managed about 1400m of climbing.
   Ended up 6th in the pairs & would have come 2nd in the 40+ triples, so a pretty good day out. Now all I have to do is find time to clean the bike. Looking forward to the next outing.

No comments: