Wednesday, August 22, 2012

You Yangs Stage Race
After Flynn's race it was time to get myself organised.
First up was a short time trial up the outside rd & down bolder. They asked riders to self seed, which required a bit of talking to get a nice start in about 6th position. Had a good start & hit the climb feeling good. Rode hard up the climb & could see that I was catching the rider in front. At the top of the climb it's roll down some rocks & then over the Clam Shell rock. Rolled into the Clam with to much speed to take the easy line, so had to try to rail the inside which almost worked until the real let go two thirds of the way around, which ended up spinning me completely around back at the bottom of the rock. Unclip & run back over the rock & back onto the bike, for time loss wasn't meant to happen. Decided not to do the "I've got to make up time, go silly" thing for a change, rode smart & safe to the finish. Ended up 11th overall.
Stage 2 was a Cross Country. Got a good start & was sitting in third wheel going into the single track. Liam took off on the climb at to high of a pace, so we let him go. As we got further up the climb I was felling good, so I gave it a shove & 2 of us broke away. We spent the next lap & a half attaching each other until he managed to get away on the decent as I wasn't willing to take those risks anymore (Comes with age) so ended up in third.
Stage 3 Crit 10min +3laps. Same as the Cross country, good start in second wheel. Liam managed to get away again & I did most of the chasing. We broke the field with 2 of us chasing taking turns & managed to win that sprint for 2nd.
Overall I came 4th on 16 points, 2 points off 3rd & 8 off 2nd. Bad TT cost me.


No comments: