Sunday, December 6, 2009

Oakley Jawbone review

I've had these glasses now for about 2 months & so how do the rate.



First off you get 2 sets of Len's with the Atomic Orange sunnies, Fire Iridium & Persimmon. The The clarity off these Len's are outstanding. The Fire Iridium Len's are great for those bright days, but for most of my riding on the Mountain bike, I find the Persimmon Len's the best. These are the Len's I started the Kona 24hr last weekend wearing & with the rain coming down & getting dark at 8pm I was still wearing them without lights, while most riders had ditched their glasses & were riding with lights. Other riders had ditched their glasses because of rain, mud & fogging up issues, while I'd worn the Jawbone's for 8hrs straight through the worst of the conditions without needing to clean them once.


The Hydrophobic coating seemed to stop the mud sticking to the Len's & the water just ran off. O.K. I did change to clear Len's Radar's for the night laps, but I don't find the Radar's as versatile as the Jawbone's. I've ridden off-road at night with the Persimmon Len's, but for 10hrs of night riding I thought a clear Len's more appropriate.


This Jawbone model has the vented Len's & it really works. You can feel the extra air flow over the inside of the Len's while riding & once you get use to it you no longer notice it. It works great with no fogging issues at the Kona & if they were every going to have fogging issues it would have been then.


Changing Len's is so easy & secure. The Len's aren't going to fall out like other easy change Len's glasses or leave you feeling that you are going to break your glasses to get the Len's in. The latch & hinge system is easy to use.


These must be the most comfortable sunnies I've ever worn. They just fit my face right & stay in place. Once on there is no need to adjust their position due to pressure points. They seem to hug the face.


So after 2 months of abuse from myself (clumsy) & my 2yr old (who has a thing about destroying my good sunnies) they are still in fantastic condition. After all the mud at the Kona I just took the Len's out & cleaned the frames in warm soapy water & they came up like new.


Conclusion: would I buy these glasses again, definitely yes. Why, because they work great, look great & are so far 2yr old resistant.










No comments: