Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Vibram Five Fingers





I Brought myself a pair of Vibram Five Fingers (VFF) about 3 months ago, as I've been wanting to try them out for a while & ran into a problem straight away. I couldn't get my 2 shorter toe on both feet into the toes of the shoes, no matter how hard I tried. To much time spent jammed in shoes. I came up with the answer off getting some toe stretchers to help separate those toes. 2 weeks ago I finally managed to get my toes into the VFF and this is helping me to separate them even further, seemingly each time I wear them. I'm feeling more stable & the feet are definitely stronger already. Weight training is great & I even went out & did a 14min run in them yesterday & feel fine today. I'll need to do quite a bit more work on my running style to adapt to the VFF, but it felt good not to run with all that excess padding in runners. I'll let you know how they go as the training progresses


1/11 Easy 65min commute on the SS for my birthday

KTB class, fun play 16kg

100 around body pass

400 1A swings

200 1A cleans

100 Jerks

60 Rack lunges

'

2 comments:

Steve Caddy said...

Once you get used to running in them it's really, really difficult to go back.

Do you have a favourite surface yet?

Manhole covers with the little criss-crossy diamond pattern feel great.

Jeff said...

I like that nice bumpy gravel, which gently massages your feet.