Saturday, June 5, 2010

3/6 65min commute
PM Decided I'd try out the calf a bit tonight
Deck Squats 2 x 20
Step-downs3 x 10es 24kg, 1 x 10es 32kg, 1 x 10es 40kg. Toe was only allowed to just touch the ground with no push off if possible. Glutes worked so much harder this way
Box Jumps 6 x 10 alt b/w 25 & 26inch boxes
Circuit of fun 3 x's + 12kg 2min rest b'w sets
Squats
Reverse lunge
Jump lunge
Jump Squat
Glutes & ham's destroyed thanks to Justin getting in my way.

Check out this puppy. I started with making a 20kg one with damp sand, then added 20kg of Steel shot to the next with dry sand to give me 34kg & then for fun, found a big 4 x 4 tube & added 10kg of steel shot & wet sand for 40kg. These are a copy of a Bulgarian Bag. The heaviest they make is 22kg & I'm meant to train with a maximum of 12kg. The Aqua bag I've got at home is 19kg with moving water & this is easier to use than that. The 20kg is a great work-out, the 40kg is evil & my friend, but I'll have to part with him as Gavin is carrying a 20kg Sandbag back & forward to training. He needs a new friend, & Gavin will give him a good home & he will still come around to play. Hope they survive at this weight, as they may make a bit of a mess. I wonder what I'd get out of a truck tube.




Gavin & Neil having fun

No comments: