Sunday, August 23, 2009


As I was get ready for my commute this morning Riley decided he want to wear my cycling Jersey.


20/8 Easy day 35min ride

Easy weights as I don't have to destroy Neil
Deck Squats 2 x 20
Box Jumps 3 x 20
Step-up Lunge 3 x 10es
Indo Board Switch Lunge 3 x 10es
good recovery session

22/8 easy 20min spin on the MTB to make sure everything is going good for tomorrow

23/8 Up early to get a phone call from Jim to the news that he's sick & not racing, so 1:40hr drive to Castlemaine by myself.
They have made some changes to the course, with a 1.5km double track descent at the start of the lap. This was meant to make the course easier which it really didn't as it was flat out & bumpy. This course is brutal. With lots of rocks, drops, tight switchbacks & steep pinches. In 5:38hr I did 96km & 1800m of climbing. I decided to stop early, as the body had, had enough. It may have been the soft option, but with the cramps that kicked in on Sunday night I think it was the right decision. I ended up 3rd which I'm happy with as the longest ride I've done in the last 9 weeks is 1:48hrs. I was competitive for the 1st 4:08hrs, catching Brian who won & riding with him for 3laps before slowing down. 4 weeks to the marathon champs & if I can get a couple of good rides in I hope to place.

No comments: