Saturday, August 8, 2009

6/8/09 Fun ride on the bike today, was just happy that I didn't get hit with the 60kph northerly winds predicted on the way home. 65min

PM
Deck Squats 2 x 20
3 x 15 band sprints
Box Jumps 2 x 50, 2 x 8kg
Step-up/Lunge 2 x 30es, 24kg
GS Jump Squats 1 x 500, 53kg

Doing sets of 15 on the band sprints really destroy the legs, even with the extra rest Neil gave me by braking the Band on his 8th sprint on the second set. Out came a new band which seemed at least 10% harder.
We did 24es with 24kg in the Set-up/lunge last week & it hammered the legs, with the increase to 30es this week the legs don't feel any better.
Just didn't feels as good with the GS Jumps squats this week as last week. Paused 2 times on the way to 500 today. Soft.
After the session I told Neil that we would have a bit of a recovery week next week & Neils reply was "I'm going to miss 2 sessions of weights after that, I'd really prefer to be destroyed!!!". Bring on next Thursday.

8/8 Great day outside, so I got out for a nice 65min ride on the roadie.

No comments: